License Testing – VEC Program
In-Person Testing: Click HERE to learn more and to register for an in-person exam.
Remote Testing: Click HERE to learn more and to register for a remote exam.
Testing 2-3 times Daily, Monday Through Saturday! Learn how here!
The Anchorage Amateur Radio Club sponsors testing for all classes of Amateur Radio licenses, operating as the Anchorage ARC Volunteer Examiner Coordinator. The Anchorage ARC VEC was the first VEC in the nation to be certified, and likewise was the first to give an exam.
Contact the VEC Chairman:
Kent Petty, KL5T
Telephone: (907) 632-3963
Mail: Kent Petty, KL5T
Chairman, Anchorage ARC VEC
P.O. Box 190192
Anchorage, AK 99519
Anchorage ARC VEC policy statement
Brief History of the VEC Program
The VEC Mission Statement
There are several links listed on this page (below). Use these links to learn about the various aspects of the testing programs we offer, and to find a Volunteer Examiner close to you. We hope you will take advantage of the opportunity to join the ranks of Amateur Radio Operators – the greatest hobby in the world!
If you have questions about Amateur Radio in general or specific questions about the testing program, you may send an e-mail to us. We will respond as soon as possible and thanks for visiting!
Effective June 15th, 2020 the Anchorage ARC VEC has become the first VEC in the country to go completely paperless, from the administration of in-person and remote examinations through our web-based platform as well as all session-related documentation.
- Anchorage Amateur Radio Club – Main Page
- Become a VE
- Bring or create a new VE Team
- Club Licenses
- Exam Schedule – In-Person Exams
- Exam Schedule – Remote Exams
- Fees for testing
- How do I learn the Morse Code?
- Morse Code Examinations
- Remote Testing
- Renewal of expired licenses
- Resubmit my application because I failed to pay the FCC my $35 within 10-days
- To whom we administer exams?
- VE List
- VE Guide
- VE Teams
- What happens after I pass my examination?
- What if I answer “Yes” to the Basic Qualification Question (Felony Question)?
- What to bring to a testing session
- Where do I obtain instructional materials?
You must be logged in to post a comment.